Wednesday, March 4, 2015

March Madness

March Madness is what came to mind when thinking of a title for this post. It has nothing to do with Basketball. I do not like Basketball.

 This month is my Birthday month and my birthday is on a Saturday! I even took off work the day before to make it an extra long weekend. Usually I will take off anyway if it lands on a work day. My cousin always comes to town for the weekend sometime around my birthday. He will arrive on Friday and we always go to lunch with my mom and boyfriend this time since he will take off work too.

On Saturday, we have to do our taxes. After that the whole family will go for a late lunch to celebrate. Later after dinner time, my boyfriend, my friends and I are going out of town to see Lita Ford. This is the same bar we went to see Brett Michaels Band. I am sure it will be a good time. Cant wait!

Another event that is making this March Madness is my daughter's baby shower. It is at the end of the month and I am trying to make most of the decorations. I spent Saturday and Sunday afternoon at my friends house so I could use her Vagabond. I  finished making the invites but also made some of the banners and little odds and ends for the shower. The invites I made with my Cricut. I had bought a new Cricut cartridge called New Arrival online when they were on sale.
This is such a cute cartridge and I am sure I will get a lot of use out of it when I start the album for the grand baby. Here is a photo of the baby shower invite.
The baby is due at the end of May so I wanted to use Spring colors. Plus the baby shower is the weekend before Easter. I used my gelatos for the background. I just rubbed the color on my craft mat and used a wet paintbrush to apply the color. After it was dry, I then embossed it with my Texture Boutique. I used a 2" scallop punch on the mat for the feet and inked them with distress ink. The rest was cut out on my Cricut and painted with gelatos. I used a pop dot for the scallop and ran the embellies through the Xyron for effective stickiness.

Supplies
Paper Studio white cardstock
Faber-Castell Gelatos-Pink, yellow, purple and blue
Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Pine Needles, Tattered Rose
Teresa Collins Xyron Sticker Maker

I will post photos of the baby shower decorations after the baby shower. One of these days I will get back to scrappin layouts. LOL.

Happy Scrappin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoy all my scrappy projects that comes from My Crafty Heart