Friday, February 6, 2015

Happy Valentines Day

I know its a week early for Valentine's Day but I will be at the Onalaska, WI Hobby Lobby on Saturday, February 7th from 11am-2pm making Valentine's Day cards. As always, we will be using Prima products and also some of Hobby Lobby's products. I would like to share my sample card that I will be showing. It is not so much of a card that says Happy Valentine's Day but has to do with love.



Of course, this is just a sample and anyone that comes to do the demo can come up with their own kind of card. There are different stamps, papers, ink and flowers to use.

I used the Stationer's Desk 6x6 paper pad for the background and punched the border with Paper Studio(HL) heart border punch. I inked a white flower from a Prima Pillar Pack with Rose Bud chalk edger. I took one of Prima's small flower metal mechanicals and covered it with gesso. I then inked the edges with the same chalk edger and cut off the loop hole that each mechanical has. I cut out and glued a rose from Prima's Say It In Pearls(SIIP) Swirls Fimo Gray into the middle of the mechanical. I used Prima's cling mounted stamps for the sentiment. These are 2 separate stamps and the sentiment, a love story, fit just perfect in the frame stamp. I then cut around the stamped image with a decorative scissors and inked the edges with the same chalk edger once again. I added more of the SIIP coming from the flower to give a little bit of elegance.

All of these products are available at Hobby Lobby and if you cant find them at your local store dont forget to check online. Also, dont forget about your 40% off coupon you can get in their emails.

Have a Happy Valentine's Day
              &
Happy Scrappin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoy all my scrappy projects that comes from My Crafty Heart