Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Cat in the Hat

The challenge over at Child's Play Challenges this time is inspired by the book Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss.

I remember my son had one of those tall hats but I could not find a photo of it. As I was looking through photos, I came across quite a few with my son wearing hats. I chose these photos because he was wearing a red, white & blue baseball outfit with a hat. This matches the colors on the front cover of the Cat in the Hat book.

                                                         
                                                Here is a closeup of the title

I took a small paintbrush & painted modeling paste onto a star stamp. I stamped one on each side of the title. I also used a banner stamp for my sons name, cut each letter out & glued  them to the twine. I used Barn Door & Faded Jeans distress ink on the resist paper that I used for a mat.

Supplies

Pink Paislee Artisan Resist Papers
My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline Twine
Darice Star Gems
EK Success Sticko Phrase Cafe sticker
Inkadinkado Clear Banner Stamp
Queen & Co. Washi Tape
Liquitex Modeling Paste

I hope you can stop by Child's Play Challenges & have some fun with the Cat in the Hat.

Happy Scrappin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoy all my scrappy projects that comes from My Crafty Heart