Saturday, June 16, 2012

Father's Day Card

I have finally created something! I had posted awhile back that I would make a masculine card eventually. I have finally done it. I did not get time earlier in the month to make a card for my boyfriend. Procrastination, unfortunately, is a part of me. I also have a hard time making masculine projects. I am more of a girly girl when it comes to my scrappin. I know what I like. Pink, purple, butterflies, flowers & bling. 

I had this patterned paper with fish on it. I had bought it for my son's album because there are some pictures of him fishing. I have really been into the banners & pennants lately so I decided to try it with the patterned paper. It reminded me of fish hanging on a stringer. I had made 3 different sized banners. I placed them on the card but it just didnt look right to me. I started this last weekend. I would come back to it the next day & the next & so on. I just couldnt come up with any ideas. This is a problem of mine sometimes. Then I was thinking, this is a masculine card so I will look in my stash of TH supplies. At first, I was thinking about starting all over & going with TH metal frames. I was looking through my drawer & found my canvas pieces. Banners & Pennants! Then the stringer idea came but all I had was blue twine & peach twine. That wasnt going to work. I remembered I had saved a piece of regular twine from a 7 gypsies tag. So, I had the top part of the card done but the bottom seemed too bare. I was looking at my fishing stickers & I couldnt figure anything out again. This gets a little annoying at times. I tried stamping a big seashell & some starfish. That just didnt go with the card. Back to the stickers again. I kept going back & forth between 3 different stickers & Finally decided on one. Talking about trying to get the mojo back. After all my blabbering, here is the pic.

The base of the card is white cardstock. I embossed a piece of TH Seasonal Stash paper with a Sizzix embossing folder & my Texture Boutique. I then, inked parts of the embossed paper with Walnut Stain distress ink. The fish patterned paper is from American Crafts. The canvas pennant is a canvas mini from Canvas Corp. I inked the canvas piece with metallic Gold paint Dabber from Ranger. I added white foam thickers to create DAD. I inked the A with Black Soot distress ink. The picnic basket & thermos sticker is a Great Outdoors collection from American Traditonal Designs.
I hope this gets my mojo flowing again. I have too many projects to do right now. I need to get a move on.
I hope all the dads out there have a Happy Father's Day & Happy Scrappin!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you creating! This card is wonderful, I am in love with the texture you added with the canvas and embossing, very nice! Now, keep at it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely card! I love all the texture!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoy all my scrappy projects that comes from My Crafty Heart