Saturday, November 15, 2014

Hot Wheels

Can you get any more boy inspired than a Hot Wheels challenge? Our 2nd challenge for the month of November at Child's Play Challenges has to do with a boy's favorite toy, Hot Wheels.

I knew right away what I was going to create with this challenge. My son used to go kart race when he was younger. When he first started he would just let loose and give it his all. By doing that, he would spin out a lot but it was fun to watch him. One time he got high on a corner and went off the track but he didnt give up. He kept the kart going and just drove through the grass and up onto the track again. We teased him a little because when he did that he caught a little bit of air like the Dukes of Hazzard boys.

The layout that I created was of my son's first win at go kart racing. He got to do a victory lap and got his picture taken with his trophy.


I inked my letters to match the colors of my son's go kart. His race colors were black & red until he changed go karts. His second kart was silver with red & black. I made the trophy on my cricut and used some stickles to make it shine.

Supplies

Karen Foster Designs and Basic Grey Papers
American Crafts Foam Thickers
Jolee's Boutique Dimensional  and Spongebob Stickers
Everyday Paper Dolls Cricut Cartridge
Champagne Stickles
Faber-Castell Red Gelatos
Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Marker

I hope you have some boys in your life to inspire you and you can join us for this challenge.

Happy Scrappin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoy all my scrappy projects that comes from My Crafty Heart