Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Slinky Challenge

Hope everyone is having a good week! I have gotten so off track with my blogging. I have good intentions of doing it every week but it just hasnt happened.

Last week, I started working on a different shift after working 3rd shift for 13 years. Then our pipes decided to freeze. I will just say that last week was a little stressful.

Onto this weeks challenge at Childs Play Challenges. Our inspiration this week is the classic toy, Slinky. I have to admit I was a bit challenged for this one. What I came up with was not what the slinky looks like when playing with it but when it is just sitting there. When its sitting straight up all together, it looks like a big circle.

I got my stencils out & found one with circles. I wanted to use some mixed media on my page so I tried my stencil with modeling paste. The top 2 corners show it best. They have the holes in the middle. That is not easy to do with modeling paste.
Before I tried the modeling paste on the stencil, I added some alcohol ink. On the darker circles, I added some Perfect Pearls powder to it & heat set it.
My bubbles & bath time die cuts were given to me by a scrappy friend that cut them out on her die cut machine.


Supplies

Paper- Scrapbook Customs, Coordinations
Washi Tape- Queen & Co.
Modeling Paste- Liquitex
Sail Boat Blue Alcohol Ink- Ranger Adirondack Brights
Forever Blue Perfect Pearls Powder-  Ranger

I hope you can come up with some creative way to use slinky on your next layout.

Happy Scrappin!

1 comment:

Hope you enjoy all my scrappy projects that comes from My Crafty Heart