Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Gears Challenge

Hi everyone! Can you believe its September already? Hope everyone had a nice Labor Day weekend. Kids are back in school & I am afraid the warm weather will soon be a thing of the past. I wish the summer temperatures were year round.

This week's challenge at Child's Play Challenges is Toy Gears.

It reminded me of when my son was racing go karts. He is in the black & red -5 go kart.


I wasnt sure how I was going to use this background paper by Creative Imaginations but I bought it knowing I was going to use it for my son's racing layout. I made the gears with Tim Holtz Gadget Gears Bigz Dies on the Vagabond. I used black & red for the color of my son's go kart. Then I added the yellow & green buttons to go with the colors of the challenge & some colors in the photos.




I used my Sizzix embossing folder since it reminded me of  the dirt in the  photos. I got the idea from Megan when we were at  our retreat.  I used some Walnut Stain Distress Ink on it to give it some darker color. I also used Prima's Shabby Tote Fluid Chalk Ink on the vellum Superspeedway.

I hope you can find the time to join us at Child's Play Challenges. We have a monthly prize to give away if you participate. We would love to see what you come up with.

Happy Scrappin!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the colors and theme of this layout. One day I need to use gears on something...

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoy all my scrappy projects that comes from My Crafty Heart