Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Scrappy Friday

Happy Friday to everyone! I think Fridays are my favorite day of the week. I am off work by 6am on Fridays & I have the morning & half of the day to myself. Today's blog I thought I would share some projects I worked on during the year. I will start with January of 2011, which is my daughters birthday month. This is the card I made for her birthday.
 The rosette flower I made with TH rosette die and added a Prima Pebble in the center. I put some flourish bling coming from the rosette & used a border punch on the bottom of the card. I believe it was a heart punch.
 I made this card for Mother's Day. I embossed the card with my Texture Boutique & Sizzix's flourish embossing folder. I misted the card with Maya Road's Seafoam mist. I added a butterfly from K & C Co.  The letters are TH grungeboard letters which are inked & glittered with Perfect Pearls powder. The flower was misted with a pink mist from Maya Road also.  I added self-adhesived bling from Want 2 Scrap onto a piece of gold ribbon.
 I bought this bathtub chipboard mini album at Archiver's. I used Anna Griffin patterned papers, which you see on the cover. I also used Coredination's core essentials paper. I embossed these papers with Sizzix's swirls embossing folder & sanded them to make it look like bubbles & water. I also put some bathtub epoxy stickers on the other pages which I dont think I have pictures of. I colored in the ducks with yellow marker.
 I bought this wooden heart frame at Michael's. With my 2" scalloped punch I punched out 2 pieces. I cut one of them in half & the other I cut into 1/4. I put a little bit of adhesive to keep them in place at the top of the frame. I then took Sailboat Blue Adirondack color wash & sprayed over them to make it look like clouds. I then removed the half & quarter scallops. On the bottom half, I used a leaf mask & sprayed with Meadow Adirondack color wash. I then added the bling in the masked off part. I added Prima flowers & leaves. I inked the edges of the leaves with Black Soot distress ink. I adhered a butterfly from K&C Co.
This is a compositional notebook that I decorated with Prima's Pixie Glen collection. I got this idea from Drew Scott who makes projects on  Live with Prima. The front of the book I covered with a sheet of  Pixie Glen patterned paper, cut to size, and adhered it to the notebook. I covered the binding on the left side with TH tissue tape. I took another piece of Pixie Glen patterned paper & fussy cut the roses. I added those  to look like a corner border. I added some more at the top of the book. I inked a piece of Prima's resistant canvas for a title area at the top. I then added a butterfly with some bling to look like he's flying away from the flowers. I added Prima flowers at the bottom along with Say It In Crystals Prima bling for the stem of the rose. I also added patterned paper to the inside cover, inside back cover & the back cover.

Hope you enjoy your weekend!
Happy Scrappin!

4 comments:

  1. Really pretty, Heather! I especially love the altered comp book at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty cards!! You do beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Heather! I really love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply....I love them all. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoy all my scrappy projects that comes from My Crafty Heart