Friday, January 13, 2012

Happy Friday 13th!

I didnt realize we had a Friday the 13th so early in the year. Is anyone superstitious when it comes to these kind of things? I can be but I dont let it get out of hand. Last weekend I attended a New Years crop at a LSS. She has such a turn out for this event that she has one on New Years weekend & the weekend after because she has only so much space. She always has a grand buffet & hourly specials. She even provided paper, chipboard & instructions on how to make a desktop calendar. Lots of fun!  I decided I was going to start on my daughters wedding album while I was there. I had already gotten everything together ahead of time & thought I had everything with me. Here are my before & after pictures of the 1st LO.
 This is the LO I made at the crop. I knew I had to add something because it just looked too plain. My daughter & I made her wedding invitations, which were only about 20. The embossed pieces on both sides are what we used for the front of the card & are inked with  Faded Jeans distress ink as well. She also stamped a big heart with a couple kissing on the front. There also are wedding bells above the couple which were stamped with embossing ink & heat embossed with silver embossing powder.
The next day after the crop I just had to figure something out for this page. I remembered I had blue lace but that seemed like too much blue. I just had to use that lace though. It looked so nice. I took the plain white TH lavish trimmings ribbon & inked it with Tattered Rose distress ink just like I did with the title & mats for the pictures. It took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to put on the ribbon. The flowers I put on the ribbon are Artisan Elements from Pink Paislee. All the elements in the package are white & you can ink them any way & color you want. They feel like a rubber resin. Quite different. The darker blue flowers I misted with metallic blue that I received from Robyn, a fellow scrapper. The lighter blue flowers I just inked with Tumbled Glass distress ink.
    I also made 2 other LOs but they have to be modified also. I just havent gotten around to it yet. I started to do a LO for a challenge with some more pictures from my daughters wedding so I will post that once it is finished.
   Have a Great weekend!

Happy Scrappin!

2 comments:

  1. I really like what you added to finish the page. It looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found through the CK forum, looks great!!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoy all my scrappy projects that comes from My Crafty Heart