Sunday, March 17, 2013

The Big 4-0!

I am wishing everyone a Happy St. Patrick's Day. I have a little bit of Irish in me but normally dont go out & celebrate.
Last night I was celebrating something else. My wonderful mother & boyfriend put together a 40th Birthday party for me. It was a fun time to get together with family & friends. There were 2 family members who werent there & they are very close to me. My daughter was unable to get off work all week for my birthday. She did show up after work, at my house to visit for awhile.
My dear aunt came to town on Thursday, my actual birthday, to surprise me. She lives 2 hours away form us. Within the hour of being here, she slipped on the ice & broke her ankle. She was in the hospital until today. She was hoping to come to the party but they said she had to stay until Sunday. I felt so sorry for her. We all missed them at the celebration.
With all the commotion of my aunt getting hurt, I was not able to find time to do a layout for Lets Get Sketchy this week. I spent most of my time Thursday & Friday at the hospital. On Saturday, I had to get  ready for the party.




My mom & I posing for pictures.



My dad & I.
Dan & I.

This picture of me is goofy. As you can see in the 2nd photo, I have my eyes almost closed. I always tend to squint or smile too much & my eyes end up like that in the pictures. This last photo I was trying to keep my eyes open so I wasnt smiling so much. LOL.
I will try to get back into the groove of things & start creating this week.
Happy Scrappin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hope you enjoy all my scrappy projects that comes from My Crafty Heart