Thursday, January 17, 2013

Club CK Issue Challenge #2(Jan/Feb)

Well, here goes the 2nd week with the Issue Challenge at Club CK. We were suppose to use filmstrips. I had 2 of these filmstrips for a couple years now. I liked them but didnt know what I was going to use them for. See, if you hold onto scrappy supplies long enough, they will get used. LOL. Here is my take on the challenge.
                                           And here is a closeup of the banners
Supplies:
Echo Park Musical Notes paper
Pink Cardstock
White Banners & Title Mat- Wedding Album Kit
Orange & Pink flower paper-Swap at Club CK
Adhesive Rhinestones- Recollections
Pink Rhinestone Stickers- Recollections
Black Say it in Pearls- Prima
Title Fonts- Prima & Basic Grey
White Lace- Offray
Pink Ribbon- Oriental Trading
Film Strip- The Happy Scrapper Cherry Collection
Embossing Folders- Sizzix
Picked Raspberry, Black Soot & Tattered Rose Distress Inks- Ranger

I handmade the banners except the white one with black pearls. I cut my paper to the width size that I wanted. I cut the length to what size I thought I would want. Afterwards, I trimmed the length to the right size. I took 2 bottom corners & lined them up. Trying not to make a crease. More or less bent the paper & not folding it. I then cut from the 2 corners at a diagonal angle.
I took the pink ribbon & weaved it through the holes in the white lace. I adhered the ribbon to the banner & then cut the shape of the banner at the bottom.
I alternated the letters in my title. I knew I wouldnt have all the same letters in one font for the whole title so I decided to mix them. There was  another weekly challenge for mixing your fonts so I entered in that challenge also.

Be on the lookout for another post either tomorrow or Saturday. I am working on another layout for Lets Get Sketchy.

Happy Scrappin!




1 comment:

  1. Very pretty!! Love the banner strips at the top of the page and your filmstrip along the side. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoy all my scrappy projects that comes from My Crafty Heart